Thursday, November 6, 2008

Satisfication in Christ

Yesterday when I went into a store and had them wrap the Christmas gifts I purchased, I was wishing I had my appropriate Christmas tags in my notebook so that I could go ahead and correctly tag the gifts...instead of taping names with scrap paper onto them...so put some gift tags in your notebook...I am almost threw with my shopping for everyone but the children! I cannot decide where to draw the line on how much we spend on them this year...I LOVE giving gifts so this is always difficult for me...but I want children who are satisfied in Him not things...
"Why spend money on what is not bread and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, Listen to Me and eat what is good and your soul will delight in the richest of fare" Isaiah 55:5 ....praying we all find satisfaction in Christ Alone during these holidays... Also, the book, Christmas Jars, by Jason Wright might be a possible book to read aloud to your family. I think the premise is that money is saved in a jar and is passed on to those in need...it might be a story that could go along with what our family is doing this Christmas as we try to help others...just wanted to let ya know! Happy Holidays!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you are almost done with your shopping! What a great post. Thanks for sharing. I work with Jason F. Wright, the author of The Christmas Jars, and thought you’d like knowing he has a new contest on his web site where you can win a free trip-for-two to his hometown in VA, the Shenandoah Valley. All you have to do is mail him a Christmas card! All the details are here:

http://www.jasonfwright.com/triptosvalley.php