Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another fun Christmas book to read

Every year, I sit on the couch with my children and read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. It is written by Barbara Robinson. We cuddle up together, and I read about a chapter a night. We laugh and remember, in a different way, what the true meaning of Christmas is. We've come to treasure this time, and I even took it with us last year when we went to NH in December. I keep thinking that this is the year that Samuel will tell me he's too old for it, but as a mother, I want to hold on to this little tradition as long as possible.

If you've never read it, I encourage you to do so. Here is a little information about what the book is about: "It focuses on the poorly-behaved children of the Herdman family, who discover the true meaning of Christmas through participation in a church play about the birth of Jesus."

No comments: