Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Few Christmas Thoughts

Merry Christmas! AM I really blogging? Okay, I have tried to put these tips onto the blog two other times, if this time doesn't make it, then you weren't meant to have the tips. They are not that profound anyway! I am just trying to encourage my friend by responding to her AWESOME Holiday blog!!!!!!!!!!! If these tips show up three times, I apologize.
1) Using cute ribbon, tie Christmas Cards on a Christmas tree each day they arrive. You can then pray for the families on the tree...and after taking them down...continue to pray for a few of them each day all year long by scrolling through them each morning during your quiet time.
2)Put out a holiday puzzle...I bought one on sale for half price after Christmas last year and can't wait for our family to sit by the fire and the tree and work it together. Isn't that why we are doing all of this?
3)Instead of saving entire catalogs, I buzz thru them daily and only keep the page I like with the gift idea I like circled. I put the name of who it would be appropriate for on it and I check to make sure there is a phone # or website address at the bottom of the page. Then I store it in my Christmas notebook. I am going to take a few of these to The Peanut Gallery tomorrow and make sure that they cannot order them before I go on-line...I really do feel it is important to shop locally if possible.
4)In response to Jennifer's question about something meaningful to have your kids do...I heard from Pete Newman (Kanakuk Kamps...go to their website!) that one idea was to give your child some money and have them find one person/organization to help over the holidays...I am going to try that this year. The International Justice Mission (IJM.org) is an organization to look into if you are seeking world justice...you probably will want to do something a little more hands on and locally tho for Christmas.

1 comment:

by Laurie Newman said...

I am SO very proud of you! You persevered! You are technically astute! And they are great tips, all the better if we get to read them twice! Woo hoo for you!