Friday, October 23, 2009

A Christmas Trend I LOVE!

Most of the time, I see national trends that for one reason or another make me sad...many times these trends involve a lessening of one's faith in Jesus Christ or the trends support beliefs that make me realize, our family is going to have to live counter-cultural. Thankfully, there is one national trend this holiday season that I LOVE! It is being said that this Christmas, people will be giving meaningful gifts...how inspiring is that?!?!?! I know so many generous people and their stories encourage me. I hope this season, people do chose to give to charitable organizations or to families in need in honor of others. That makes the gift two-fold...the honoree feels special and the recipient of the kind gesture feels some relief from their difficult life. Bottom line, both feel loved. And let us face it, while receiving a few gifts is fun for us all, there is only so much STUFF we can have. As I grow, I am seeing that many times STUFF actually becomes a burden. A burden to clean, a burden to store, a burden to repair. If you have done the "love language" Bible study, you know we all have a love language that speaks to us the most...guess what my love language is? Giving and receiving gifts...so, just so ya know, I am all about presents! I do love the thought though, of a gift that will change the life of another...wow, that brings everyone involved joy. Also, as the one who is spending, I know I have made a financial investment with eternal returns! Jennifer Connelly and I are in the process of starting an orphan awareness organization...if you would like to give a gift to a child in need in honor of a friend, teacher, pastor, neighbor etc., just hang in there and we will present you with some wonderful opportunities that will bless your gift recipient and will change the LIFE of a child. We will be working on a project for Divine Grace Primary School in Uganda. We are fired up and we are so excited to have the opportunity to be a part of this national trend!

1 comment:

Hampers said...

Indeed..I love the Christmas trend. Like shopping, giving and taking gifts from near and dear that makes me happy.